Listen to “MIH002:How to Find Your Business Passion As a Blogger That Makes You Excited!” on Spreaker.
Time for episode #2 of this podcast for mompreneurs, and I’m excited to share with you how to find a blogging niche that makes you excited!
Also, grab a copy of my Discover Your Passions worksheets here. You’ll walk through your skills and talents and perhaps discover a great business idea!
I believe everybody has a place and purpose and a gift to give back to the universe. What’s yours?
I want to help you think through this question and begin discovering what you truly want to share with the world in this podcast. I also invite you to check out my book (there’s a whole chapter devoted to finding your business passion.)
In this podcast, I share the process of discovering your business passions as a blogger in order to turn your passion into a profitable business.
Here are a few points to keep in mind.
- Without passion, your blog won’t thrive.
- You should attract your tribe with passion. Your tribe is the people who love you and what you offer. Allow your business to fly on your passion.
- Finding your passion in business keeps you going. Some days you won’t feel like blogging, but if you’re passionate about your topic you’ll continue to keep the content flowing.
Let’s start with a few questions to guide you through discovering your passions.
- What do you love to read? Which books and magazines do you read? Lately, I’ve been enjoying an older book: “ProBlogger: Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income” by Darren Rowse and Chris Garrett.
- What are you listening to and watching? Check your smartphone or mobile device. What you listen to and watch the most is most likely your area of interest, so pay close attention to that.
- What subjects did you enjoy (or not enjoy) most in school? Sometimes your favorite school subjects in the past will help point the way toward undiscovered passions you might have lying dormant.
- What do you admire or wish you had more time to do? If you find yourself dreaming about something you wish you were doing- then it’s probably a passion. Big hint.
- How do you choose to spend your time when you’re not working? What you choose to do outside of work is a good indicator of what you would rather be doing. (Unless, of course, you’re a workaholic and have a hard time winding down- and yes, that’s another story for another day.) If you want to discover your passions, then you should do a quick checkup on how you spend your free time.
- What do you talk about the most? Just ask your friends. They’ll be glad to let you know.
What to do once you discover your business passions…
- Create a game plan by making a few goals. Put it on your calendar and plan to get started right away. Don’t procrastinate! If you do, it will be harder to get started on your game plan so don’t wait around. Hop to it!
- Get out of your comfort zone. Stretch yourself into doing things you don’t necessarily feel comfortable doing. It’s okay to get out of your comfort zone. We all have to do it.
- Keep doing it! Successful people are relentless– they keep trying even if they don’t feel successful. You might not feel successful at first, but it’s okay. Keep on working towards meeting your goals, and before long you will find yourself successfully accomplishing what you’d set out to do.
I hope this has been inspiring to you! Until next time…