Listen to “MIH020:Why Branding is a Must for Women Business Owners -with Donna Marie Johnson” on Spreaker.
Donna Marie Johnson uses over 18 years of marketing strategy expertise to help Christian Women Leaders learn and use wiser strategies and make more money in business. She is known as The Love-Infused Marketing and Graphics Strategist. She has hosted the Market Like A Queen Podcast for over two years. She will hold the next annual Market Like A Queen Conference in December.
Our podcast conversation
How she got started in business
Types of workshops and training Donna offers
Donna Marie offers training workshops on email marketing and YouTube branding at ClubE Atlanta. Also, at AuthorDonnaMarie.com, you can click for updates and receive her free Market Like A Queen YouTube Branding Guide.
What are some of the greatest needs of women in business?
To have wisely instructed and correctly implemented email marketing strategies.
The reasons many women in business and mompreneurs don’t integrate email marketing strategies:
- don’t have time
- don’t have the expertise
- don’t want to do it
There’s more to being an online diva than having an online presence. Email marketing strategy is important because we need to build relationships. Donna has email marketing training programs to assist with this.
How important is it for a woman business owner to stand out and create a brand of her own?
Branding needs to be similar across the board, starting with the company website (home base). It’s important to have a professional header designed (you can even use Fiverr) and carry the same brand over to YouTube and your email marketing.
Also, your brand surpasses your logo. Showing your face in your marketing materials allows others to make a personal connection with you.
Donna Marie shares with us what constitutes a strong brand. It’s about being right where you need to be and doing what God has called you to do. Here are her tips:
- Have your overall business vision clearly written out. Template example: I am ______. I have been doing _______ for ___ years. I serve ______ type of clients/customer who struggle with ________ types of problems. I help them get _______ types of results so they can eventually reach _______ types of goals.
- If you are seeking mentorship through Score.org, you can get great advice, be sure you have a strong vision of your calling first. Write down your vision.
Some of the challenges Donna Marie has had in business
- Knowing how to present herself/brand herself presented a challenge.
- Not continuing to build her brand while building a separate from others.
- Deciding whether or not to delete her contacts on Facebook and begin again.
She now feels she is operating from a greater place of faith in her business. She is not burning herself out working hard, and success comes when it comes. Because she’s not focused on being online 24/7 she has more space to be involved locally with her business.
Tips on balancing business while making time for yourself, your family, and your friends
- She sets up a seasonal schedule.
- Builds things into her business that shows love and forethought, and still sets boundaries around it.
Balance, boundaries, wisdom are very important for women entrepreneurs.
Some of her favorite aspects of business Donna Marie enjoys the most and what keeps her motivated
- Knowing she’s part of God’s family and His gifting to this world keeps her moving forward. She knows she’s on the right path she’s supposed to be on.
- Knowing that despite past mistakes, God is her CEO and she can move forward in faith.
How you can reach Donna
–>http://www.authordonnamarie.com/– to sign up for her newsletter
–>Listen to and subscribe to the Market Like A Queen Podcast
This was the first podcast of yours I listened to and I want to thank both you and your guest, Donna Marie, for being so simple to understand and “transparent.” You perfectly combine your faith with good old-fashioned common sense and I wish you well as you move forward in the direction you are feeling called to move with your podcast. May God bless you abundantly and encircle you in the arms of His love. ♥
Sharon, I’m so grateful you took time out of your schedule to listen to my podcast interview with Donna Marie in its entirety- that means a lot to me. I appreciate your kind words and I feel doubly encouraged this morning.